General terms and Conditions of sale
Acceptance of general terms and conditions of sale
“https://shop.uffizi.it” is a service offered by ATI with Giunti Editore Spa as the agent; legal headquarters at Via G.B.Pirelli,30 -20124 Milan; tax code and registration number with the Registry of Businesses of Milan: 80,009,810,484; Tax ID 03314600481 and share capital of € 8,000,000.00, fully paid.
For simplicity, we will use “Shop.uffizi.it” below.
Introduction: The present “Terms and Conditions of Sale,” and, in particular, the information referred to in Article 52 of the Consumer Code, thus provided by Shop.uffizi.it and reported on the website, shall remain valid and operative until they are modified or supplemented by Shop.uffizi.it.
The latest updated version of the General Conditions is that available on the website. Any changes or additions to these Terms and Conditions will be effective from the date they are published on this site.
The contract (defined as: a distance contract under Art. 50 et seq. of administrative order n. 206 “Consumer Code”, September 6, 2005) entered into by the Customer and Shop.uffizi.it, is concluded with Shop.uffizi.it’s, even partial, acceptance of a purchase proposal issued by the Customer, via the Internet, on the website Shop.uffizi.it.
This acceptance is automatic, unless otherwise communicated to the Customer by appropriate means.
By placing an order, the Customer declares:
- to be a consumer in accordance with Art. 3 of the Consumer Code
- to be of legal age
- that the data supplied for the Contract’s execution are true and correct
- to have read all information provided during the purchase process, and to fully accept the general conditions and payment arrangements as specified in the purchase process.
Products with approaching expiration: for some products belonging to depleted lots and periodically put on sale in the “Offers” section (or “category” of the website), the expiration date is explicitly published at the time of purchase, in the “Best before…” heading visible in each product’s explanatory profile. The buyer is obliged to check and judge the suitability of such products prior to purchase, and expiration-related claims or returns will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Website access limits
Shop.uffizi.it reserves the incontestable right to inhibit full access to or certain functionality on the site Shop.uffizi.it, at any time and without notice, to Client Accounts for which: irregularities in payment, non-payment, defamation via Internet, profanity, vulgar or inappropriate language in reviews and/or comments, repeated and continual unconcluded attempts to order, cyber attacks, or any other apparent or implied activity that may cause direct or indirect damage to Shop.uffizi.it has been detected.
For every order placed on Shop.uffizi.it, if the Customer has expressly requested an invoice at the time of order and has provided a valid VAT number (partita IVA) or valid tax code (codice fiscale) at the time of Customer Account registration, Shop.uffizi.it will issue an invoice for the items shipped, sent to the Customer via email, in accordance with Article 14 of Presidential Decree 445/2000 and Legislative Decree 52/2004. Information provided by the customer at the time of order is used for the details reported at the time of invoice issue. No changes in the invoice will be possible after its issuance.
The customer is permitted to choose one of the following payment methods: Credit Card, Paypal.
In the event that “Credit Card” is chosen as the payment method, contingent on the transaction’s completion online, the bank of reference will authorize the amount of purchase, only.
- In the case of order cancellation, either by the Customer or in the event of non-acceptance of the same by Shop.uffizi.it, Shop.uffizi.it will contingently request the cancellation of the transaction and the release of the sum involved. For certain types of cards, release times depend exclusively on the banking system and can arrive up until their natural expiration (24 days from the date of authorization). Once the cancellation of the transaction has been effectuated, Shop.uffizi.it will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, caused by the banking system’s delayed release of the sum involved.
- Shop.uffizi.it reserves the right to charge the Customer’s credit card in order to avoid the transaction authorization’s expiration, which takes place after 23 days.
- Shop.uffizi.it reserves the right to request supplementary information from the customer (eg. home phone number) or the sending of copies of documents proving ownership of the Credit Card used. In the absence of the documentation requested, Shop.uffizi.it reserves the right to not accept the order.
- At no time during the purchase process is Shop.uffizi.it able to view the Customer’s credit card information, which is transmitted directly to the bank handling the transaction, through a secure connection. None of Shop.uffizi.it’s information archives retain such information. Therefore, regarding payments for products purchased on Shop.uffizi.it, in no event can Shop.uffizi.it be held responsible for any fraudulent or improper use of credit cards by third parties.
In the case of items purchased with the PayPal payment method, contingent on the transaction’s completion online, PayPal will immediately charge the amount relative to the effectuated purchase.
- In the case of order cancellation, either by the Customer or in the event of non-acceptance of the same by Shop.uffizi.it, Shop.uffizi.it will contingently request the cancellation of the transaction and that the sum relative to the cancelled merchandise be re-credited to the customer’s Paypal account. The time necessary for re-crediting the method of payment preselected in the PayPal account depends exclusively on Paypal and the banking system. Once the amount has been re-credited to the Paypal account, Shop.uffizi.it will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, caused by Paypal or the banking system’s delays in the effective re-crediting.
- Shop.uffizi.it reserves the right to request supplementary information from the customer (eg. home phone number) in order to verify ownership of the PayPal account in question. In the absence of the documentation requested, Shop.uffizi.it reserves the right to not accept the order.
- At no time during the purchase process is Shop.uffizi.it able to view information regarding the Customer’s credit card or other methods of payment selected from PayPal’s wallet. Therefore, regarding payments for products purchased on Shop.uffizi.it, in no event can Shop.uffizi.it be held responsible for any fraudulent or improper use of credit cards by third parties.
Product delivery and shipping costs
- Shop.uffizi.it accepts Customer orders within the limits that the requested product quantity is in stock. Therefore, the delivery of products indicated in the Customer’s purchase proposal is subject to stock availability of said products. Shop.uffizi.it agrees to promptly notify the customer of any unforeseen depletion of stocks due to excess demand or other causes. In order to maintain service efficiency and if the conditions present themselves, Shop.uffizi.it reserves the right to use an Express Courier from the same shipping company.
- Shop.uffizi.it delivers merchandise to the address indicated by the customer within the time frame estimated in the shipping details (by courier), or, in any case, within thirty (30) days after the contract’s conclusion. In the event of delivery delay or problems with delivery of the amount ordered (in case of shortage or non-fulfilment) by fault of the courier; no responsibility can be attributed to Shop.uffizi.it.
Delivery costs are covered by the recipient and explicitly pointed out at the time of order, unless there is a promotional initiative offering delivery at Shop.uffizi.it’s expense. From time to time, these promotional efforts, if any, will be listed on the site and clearly displayed in the process. In the event of said promotion, merchandise is paid for by the Customer using the method chosen when placing the order. Deliveries outside Italy may be subject to additional import duties, taxes or delivery charges, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. These may vary by destination and the Uffizi Shop is not responsible for paying these charges.
Merchandise delivery shall be considered “at street level”, unless:
- otherwise communicated upon order completion
- an ulterior procedure is listed on the product’s technical profile
- the explicit purchase of delivery to the floor is requested, where required
Upon the courier’s delivery of the merchandise, the customer is encouraged and, in any case, obliged to check:
a) that the number of boxes delivered corresponds to that indicated in the transport document
b) that packaging material is wholly intact, undamaged, uncompromised by weather, and otherwise unaltered
Important: any detected damage to the packaging and/or products or the incorrect information or number of packages must be reported immediately by attaching a written explanation (specifying the reason for package delivery refusal, eg . “Packaging broken,” ” package crushed,” etc.) to the receipt of courier delivery. Once the courier receipt has been signed, the Customer cannot make any objection regarding the delivered goods’ external characteristics. Any problems concerning the products’ characteristics, correspondence, or completeness must be reported within 7 days of delivery, as stated within these terms and conditions.
Failure to pick up items
If merchandise in not collected within 5 working days and remains in courier warehouse storage because of repeated inability to deliver to the address specified by the customer during time of purchase, the items will be sent back to the Shop.uffizi.it warehouses. New shipping arrangements will be made at additional delivery costs.
Right of withdrawal
In accordance with Art. 64 of Legislative Decree n . 206, September 6th, 2005; if the customer is a consumer (ie. a private person buying merchandise for purposes unrelated to commercial or professional activity, or someone who does not indicate a VAT reference number on the Shop.uffizi.it order form), is entitled to terminate the purchase contract for any reason, without explanation and without penalty, within 14 working days from the date merchandise receipt, except as described in the following points:
- The law applies to the customer’s purchased product, in its entirety. It is not possible to exercise withdrawal on a single part of the purchased product (eg: accessories, attachments, moving parts, etc.).
- in accordance with Article 55 of Legislative Decree n. 206, September 6th, 2005; the right of withdrawal does not apply to:
- contracts for the supply of food, beverages, or other goods intended for everyday consumption delivered to the consumer’s home, place of residence, or workplace by distributors who make frequent and regular rounds
- contracts for the supply of services relating to accommodation, transport, catering, or leisure, when, at the time of contract conclusion, the professional agrees to provide these services on a specific date or within a specific time period. In addition, the consumer may not exercise the right of withdrawal in cases of:
- the provision of services for which work has begun, with the consumer’s approval, before the expiration of the time limit outlined in Art. 64, subsection 1, of Legislative Decree n. 206, September 6th, 2005
- supply of goods or services whose price is dependent on capital market rate fluctuations that the professional is unable to control
- the supply of goods made to specification, or clearly personalized, or which, by their nature, can not be returned or are liable to rapidly deteriorate or change;
- supply of audiovisual products or computer software which were where sealed but have been opened by the consumer;
- the supply of newspapers, periodicals, and magazines
- betting and lotteries.
- a purchased product must be returned undamaged, not lacking any parts, and complete in its original packaging (including any documentation and accessories). To limit damage to the original packaging, the direct attachment of labels or tape should be avoided in all cases. Upon returning a product, we also reccommend putting it in another box on which to affix the recipient of the return’s address.
- as enacted by law, the Customer will not be reimbursed for: the shipping costs associated with merchandise returns, expenses for delivery to the Customer, or any additional costs indicated at the time of order.
- the Customer is completely responsible for the shipment until the confirmation of receipt in our warehouse
- Shop.uffizi.it is not, in any way, responsible for damage to or theft/disappearance of returned merchandise shipped without insurance; if goods are damaged during shipping, Shop.uffizi.it will inform the customer (within 5 working days from the merchandise’s receipt at their warehouses), therefore allowing him/her to file a timely complaint against the chosen carrier and to obtain a reimbursement for the value of the merchandise. In this case, the product will be made available to the client for its return, simultaneously canceling the request for withdrawal.
- upon its arrival at the warehouse, any damages to the product, not resulting from normal shipping procedures, will be assessed. If the package and/or original product packaging are damaged, Shop.uffizi.it will deduct a percentage refunded to the customer. This percentage (to be considered a contribution to recovery costs) may not, however, exceed 10% of the total product cost.
To exercise this right, the customer must send a written notice, by email, to Shop.uffizi.it, within 14 working days of the merchandise date of receipt. Such notice shall be addressed to: help@Shop.uffizi.it
In the case of communication by telegram or fax (sent within the said period of 14 days), within the next 48 hours, either must be promptly followed by a registered letter of confirmation with acknowledgment of receipt.
Once you have received the notice of termination, Shop.uffizi.it Customer Service will quickly provide the Customer with instructions for the return, assigning a unique RMA code to the merchandise in question, which must be received by Shop.uffizi.it within 14 days of authorization.
Items must be returned intact, not lacking any parts, in their original packaging (bags and boxes), and preserved – or possibly used with normal care – without any signs of wear or dirt, and in compliance with the terms and conditions mentioned above.
Excluding any repair costs for damages to the original package, Shop.uffizi.it will refund the customer the full amount paid, within 14 days of the merchandise return, either directly to the credit card charged or by Bank Transfer. In the latter case, the Buyer shall promptly provide bank information on where to send the refund (ABI and CAB codes – customer account)
Revocation of the right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal is completely revoked when the product’s integrity (the packaging and its contents) is compromised, such as in cases where Shop.uffizi.it finds, even just one of, the following faults:
- careless use of the product that has jeopardized its completeness, or the use of any consumable materials related to the product;
- missing external and/or internal packaging
- the absence of essential product elements (accessories, cables, manuals, parts, etc.);
- damage to the product for reasons other than shipping and transport, including tampering or part of or the entire product or its parts.
In case of forfeiture of the right of withdrawal, items will remain at the Shop.uffizi.it’s headquarters, available for collection at the Customer’s expense.
All Shop.uffizi.it products are covered by a standard manufacturer’s warranty and 24-month defects-of-conformity warranty, according to Legislative Decree 206/05. To exercise the warranty, the Customer must retain the proof of payment received by email.
Exercising the warranty may call for the assistance of an Authorised Service Centre in the area and/or the following of procedures outlined in the documentation found inside the product packaging.
Not under warranty
The manufacturer’s standard warranty is provided in the manner described in the documentation included in the product packaging. Following intervention by an Authorized Service Center, in the event that a product defect is “not covered by the manufacturer’s standard warranty,” the Customer will be charged with the assessment and repair costs requested by the Authorized Service Center, in addition to any transport costs incurred by Shop.uffizi.it.
The 24-month warranty, according to Legislative Decree 206/ 05, applies to products demonstrating a defect in a conformity, provided that the product has been used correctly, in accordance with its intended purpose and as described in its accompanying technical documentation. The warranty is reserved for private consumers (persons buying goods for purposes unrelated to professional activity, or making purchases without indicating a VAT reference number on the order form). In case of a lack of conformity, Shop.uffizi.it shall, at no cost to the customer, restore conformity through product repair, replacement, or reduction of the price, up until termination of the contract. Following repairs by an Authorized Service Center, in the event that the defect does not fall under a defect of conformity in accordance with Legislative Decree 206/05, the Customer will be charged with the assessment and repair costs requested by the Authorized Service Center, in addition to any transport costs incurred by Shop.uffizi.it.
DOA (Dead On Arrival: product not working upon delivery) products are placed only if expressly provided for by the manufacturer. Product replacement and repair times depend entirely on manufacturers’ policies.
Failure to repair
In the event that, for whatever reason, a product under warranty is not able to be repaired or replaced, Shop.uffizi.it will proceed to refund the amount paid, at our own discretion, taking into account product use or replacement with a product of equal or superior value.
Timing and methodology
Product repair and substitution times depend exclusively on producers’ policies. No damages can be requested from Shop.uffizi.it for any delays in the effectuation of repairs or substitutions.
In cases where warranty application calls for product return, the Customer must return it in its original packaging, complete of all parts (including packaging, any documentation, and accessories: manuals, cables, etc. … ); to limit damage to the original packaging, we recommend putting the product inside another box and avoiding the direct attachment of labels or tape at all costs.
The Customer will receive a product return authorization number (RMA), which must be displayed on the outside of the package, following the directions provided in the authorization email.
All complaints must be addressed in writing, in an email to: help@Shop.uffizi.it.
The distance sales contract between the customer and Shop.uffizi.it is made and concluded in Italy and therefore governed by Italian law. If the Customer is a consumer, any civil and/or criminal litigation relative to the application, execution, interpretation, and breach of distance sales contract will be territorial jurisdiction of the court of reference in which the customer lives or resides (if located in the territory of the Italian State). In all other cases (eg. if the Customer’s residence or place of work is abroad), the territorial jurisdiction exclusively belongs to the Court of Florence.
TICKET OFFICE SERVICE REGULATIONS
How to book and purchase tickets
Attention: as of April 1, 2022, the obligation of Green Pass (basic or reinforced) for access to museums lapses for visitors to museum activities. It is mandatory to wear respiratory protection devices (surgical masks).
Users can purchase multiple tickets with a single transaction.
Ticket availability is subject to change until the transaction is completed with payment.
The purchase of the ticket is completed by completing the registration form and making the payment.
At the end of the transaction completed with the payment, it is no longer possible to modify or cancel the reservation.
How to pay for tickets
Payment can be made by credit card VISA, MasterCard, Eurocard following the provisions illustrated in the procedures described online.
If the payment is successful, the system displays the purchase confirmation, indicating the transaction identification code.
At the conclusion of the payment procedure, the user receives an e-mail confirming the purchase with an indication of the type of tickets purchased, the price paid and the method of collecting the tickets.
How to collect tickets
The ticket can be collected at the ticket offices of the museums following presentation of the email containing the booking code.
Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
We inform you that having the Contract as its object the provision of services relating to leisure time that the Organizer undertakes to provide on a specific date, the Contract, pursuant to art. 59, paragraph I, lett. N) of the Consumer Code, the right of withdrawal provided for by art. 52 of the Consumer Code. The Customer will therefore not be able to exercise this right in relation to the purchase of the Entrance Tickets.
In the event of a waiver by the user or an incorrect purchase, there is no refund of the ticket price paid. Furthermore, there is no refund for those tickets, which have been purchased but not collected. Once confirmed, reservations cannot be changed.
Citizens of the European Community over the age of 18 up to the day of their 25th birthday, in possession of a valid identity document.
Among the non-European countries, reduced-price tickets are granted to citizens from Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Uruguay and citizens with permit cards issued for the reasons listed on the website of Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The cumulative ticket is valid for 5 consecutive days and allows access once to each of the museum circuits of the Uffizi, Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens, with priority access. Holders of the combined ticket for the Uffizi Galleries must keep the coupon until all the museums have been visited. The Uffizi Galleries’ cumulative ticket owner must keep the admission ticket until they have visited all the Museums. The ticket cannot be reprinted.
The ticket can only be activated at the Uffizi, which will therefore be the first museum to visit.
The validity of the ticket extends to the sixth day when the usual 5 days of validity include Mondays, the closing day of all museums, as well as December 25th and January 1st.
Annual subscription card
The annual subscription card offers priority entry over the queue. The validity of the annual subscription starts from the date of the first access.
In the occasion of the free days, all access priorities to the Florentine State Museums are suspended, except for the disabled and pregnant women.
Passepartout family card
The Passepartout Family is valid for two adults, together with an unlimited number of children. It offers unlimited access for 365 days to all three museum circuits of the Uffizi, Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens, with priority entry.
Starting from March 1, 2022, tickets purchased for the Uffizi Gallery are nominative.
Access is free for:
- Children under 18 of any nationality, provided with a valid identity document. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult;
- Groups of students from Italian state and non-state schools and from other states belonging to the European Union, accompanied by their teachers, upon reservation, in the quota established by the head of the institute; reservations for schools in the European Union are free and compulsory, to be made only by telephone at the Firenze Musei call center at 0039-055-294883 active from Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 18.30 and on Saturdays from 8.30 to 12.30. Therefore, online reservations will not be accepted
- Teachers and students of bachelor’s, master’s degree or post-graduate courses and research doctorates of the following faculties: architecture, conservation of cultural heritage, educational sciences or letters and philosophy with an archaeological or historical-artistic focus. The same concessions are allowed to teachers and students of faculties or corresponding courses, established in the States of the European Union. Free admission is allowed to students by showing the enrollment certificate for the current academic year, to teachers by showing a suitable document;
- Teachers and students enrolled in academies of fine arts or corresponding institutions of the European Union, by showing the certificate of enrollment for the current academic year;
- Italian public and private school teachers with fixed-term or permanent contracts who submit the form issued by the MIUR in which it must be strictly indicated that it is valid for the current school year;
- Journalists from the European Union in good standing with the payment of membership fees for the current year, by showing a suitable document;
- Tourist guides licensed to practice in an EU country regardless of whether they accompany a client or come to museums for study or vacation. In the last two cases, only the guides qualified for Florence and its province are entitled to free reservations as well: the others pay the reservation fees;
- Tourist interpreters from the European Union, when their work is needed alongside the guide (show a valid license issued by the competent authority)
- The staff of the Ministry of Culture on duty;
- The members of ICOM (International Council of Museums);
- For study and research reasons, certified by Italian or foreign scholastic or university institutions, academies, research, and cultural institutes, by bodies of the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities, the heads of the institutes may allow subjects who they request free admission for certain periods.
- Italian citizens resident abroad have to show a valid document certifying their enrollment in the Registry of Italians resident abroad (AIRE), within the limits of the Fund specifically allocated by the Ministry.
On free admission days, it is not possible to make reservations and priority admissions are not valid (such as for card and pass holders), except for disabled visitors and people accompanying them by law, pregnant women and school groups included in the maximum number of school groups guaranteed per day (daily quota), as set by the Director.
Any handicapped person is entitled by law to free priority access to all Florentine State Museums for themselves and for an accompanying person if this is provided for in the certificate of disability. It will therefore be sufficient to go to the museum you want to visit, and the reception staff will provide for all needs.
We remind you that in the Florentine State Museums it is also possible to rent a wheelchair free of charge by handing over a valid identity document.